The Insanity Workout program has created quite a stir in the world of fitness, and for good reasons too. As the name suggests, this workout is intense and guaranteed to give you results like never before. Regardless of whether you want to stay fit or lose a whole lot of weight, you will find this program useful and effective. The program primarily comprises of bodyweight workouts which are similar to what you will do in a High Intensity Interval Training program. So, you will do everything from performing jumps to push-ups and the session will typically last for about 45-60 minutes. The entire Insanity Workout schedule is meant for a period of 63 days or two months.
What has made the Insanity Workout popular?
This unique program guarantees quick fat loss because you will end up sweating profusely when you do these exercises. Incidentally, the program is known to lessen body fat to nearly 7%. For the athletes, the fat loss is even more. The whole program rests on the HIIT concept where you will do intense exercises in short bursts and then rest for long periods. You will have to start with warm-ups in the form of jumping jacks, jogging or side-to-side jumping. The best part about following this regimen is that you do not need to be at the gym to do this. The program follows the max interval training principle which is distinct from traditional interval training. Here, you will be made to train really hard for 3-minute intervals and you can rest for 30 seconds after that. When you can exercise at an extreme intensity level, you can end up burning nearly 1000 calories in just an hour.
What does the Insanity Workout include?
In Insanity Workout, you will be asked to complete the exercises within 30-60 minutes for at least 6 days every week. You may however change the exercising schedules every week throughout the total 60-day program. In the first month, you must do total body workouts consisting of fit tests, plyometric cardio circuits, cardio recovery, cardio power and resistance and pure cardio workouts. You have to keep a week for recovery when you do daily core-balance exercises before starting with your second month of the Insanity Workout program. You may also look out for some fat burning foods to include in your diet. During the second month, you will be made to perform four new types of workouts called Max Interval Circuit, Max Interval Plyo, Max Recovery and Max Cardio Conditioning. Even people who may already be in good shape may find it challenging to perform these routines when you start out at first.
Which muscles does the Insanity Workout target?
The idea is to target the core muscles and arms. Plyometric, which includes jumping and hopping exercises, will help to tone the legs and glutes. Since the program involves a full body workout, even your back muscles become toned. The program mainly focuses on performing aerobics and this is useful for losing the body fat and increasing cardiovascular fitness. The Insanity Workout is also aimed at building your body strength. While it borrows techniques from many types of sports like basketball, it is not a sport in itself. The exercises are meant to be high-impact exercises such as sprints, jumps and jumping jacks. This is why this program is not really suited for beginners. It is best suited for those who are already in great shape; for people who are willing to put in more efforts to get an even stronger body. So, when you have not been exercising, it is not a good program to start with.
Reasons to follow the Insanity Workout Program:
- Challenging Fitness: When you are a fitness conscious individual and work out on a regular basis, it may be a good idea to choose this workout program to challenge your fitness levels. All the exercises however are easy to perform and the instructions laid out for the viewers are also lucid.
- Cardiovascular Benefits: Since the workouts are mainly aerobic by nature, it helps to improve cardiovascular fitness.
- Cost-Effective: To do this workout program, you will not need to spend a lot of money on buying costly gym equipments. So, it is possible to follow the workout routine at home.
- Convenient: When you find that you are unable to keep pace with the exercises, you should pause and rest for a while. Moreover, the workouts alternate each day so that you do not get tired of repeating the same set of exercises each day.
- Diet Plans: When you sign up for the Insanity Workout program, you will be provided with a diet plan too. This explains the value of eating the right amount of calories every day in order to get the energy to perform these challenging workouts. Even when you may have discontinued this program, you can always stick to the dietary plans to stay in shape. You are suggested to read Nutrisystem for Men review and subscribe for it if you do not have time to prepare your own diet meal at home.
- Customizability: For people who may not be prepared to follow the regimen, it is possible to do the workouts at your own pace. You need a television in front of you to follow the schedule and you can do the exercises at home any time of the day. All you need is the DVD and a great pair of shoes; there is no requirement for machines because you will be using your own weight as resistance.
- Dramatic Results: The best part about choosing the Insanity Workout program is that you can get positive results in only two months time. The 60-day calendar is useful because it helps you stay on track. You know exactly the kind of workout you must do every day. The music is very up-beat and this makes you enjoy your workout sessions even more.
- Progress Check: The creator of this unique fitness program Shaun even encourages the viewers to monitor their progress by measuring themselves regularly. This motivates them to work out better and continue with the program.
What is perhaps the biggest reason that drives one to choose the Insanity Workout program is the fact that you can adjust the program to suit your fitness and comfort levels. While the results will obviously be better for people who are already training and enjoy high fitness levels, there is no need to get discouraged. You can follow the exercises at your own pace and benefit from these.